MISSOURI VALLEY SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
1. The applicant must be a high school senior or in a college and be enrolled full time in school. This scholarship can be used for any college or tech school.
2. The applicant must be an owner or employee or a family member of an owner or an employee of a member ice company or supplier that has their dues paid and has been a member for at least one year.
3. The applicant must provide their official high school, college, or tech school transcript, including their cumulative GPA (minimum 2.75).
4. The applicant must complete the M.V.I.M.A. application
5. The applicant should write a brief summary of their goals in life and any good or bad experience they have had with a former or present employer. Maybe what you liked or did not like about your job or duties.
6. You may also write about any innovative ideas or suggestions you would have for our industry (packaging, delivery, advertising, etc.).
7. Only one scholarship per person.
8. A letter of recommendation for the applicant must be submitted by a member of M.V.I.M.A. as explained above and returned with the application or sent separately before the deadline to the M.V.I.M.A. secretary.
9. Applications will be sent to all manufacturers and suppliers in Mid-May of each respective year. Application must be received via email or post-marked no later than February 15th of the following year.
Please mail completed applications to:
Missouri Valley Ice Manufacturer’s Association
PO Box 70
St. Peters, Missouri 63376
Attn: scholarship committee
If you have any questions on this, please call Tom at (800) 235-9088 or 314-
956-5906 (cell) or by e-mail at email@example.com .
The scholarship committee needs to have scholarship winners to the secretary at least 1 week prior to the Annual Meeting.
In the event of a tie, applications will be given to the Vice President for a final decision – if the VP should happen to be the sponsor of one of the applicants, it would then go to the President to break the tie.
NOTIFICATION OF AND AWARDING OF SCHOLARSHIPS
The Missouri Valley Ice Association board of directors will make a yearly determination of the annual scholarship award(s). The recipients will be announced at the Annual Meeting. The number of scholarships are to be decided at the Annual Meeting!
1. The scholarship recipient(s) will be notified as to when and where the award(s) will be presented.
2. The scholarship recipient(s) will have 2 years from the date awarded to use the scholarship money or it will be forfeited.
3. All scholarships are non-transferable.
4. Scholarship recipients will receive scholarship money after the first semester grading period indicating a minimum requirement of a 2.0
5. Acceptance/Thank You speech if given by the applicant will be read to the assembly along with essay at the next official meeting. If the applicant would like to come in person, M.V.I.M.A. will buy their dinner at the banquet.
1. We ask that no names be used on the essay as we are ranking the essays on merit and not by name. (The Secretary is to redact any name or any reference to any company – so as to make certain the outcome is merit-based – before submitting entries to the scholarship committee)
2. The essay must be a minimum of 1 page with a maximum of 5 pages. One sided, 12 font, Times New Roman, and double-spaced
3. All essays become the property of M.V.I.M.A. scholarship committee.
4. All applications MUST be POSTMARKED by February 15th of each year.